Call (866) 220-3184
BSM Consulting has developed many valuable tools and resources designed to help proactive physicians and practices examine the possibilities of 1) optical, 2) ambulatory surgery centers, and 3) hearing centers. All tools and resources in this section are included with your annual membership to BSM Connection®.
Examples of tools and resources found in this section include:
An increasing number of ophthalmologists are adding optical sales to their menu of services to provide their patients a "one-stop shop" to accommodate all their eye care needs. In addition, optical revenue helps supplement declining revenues due to reduced reimbursement from managed care and other payers. Here is a look at the tools and resources in the optical section.
- Optical Self-Assessment: This self-assessment is designed to allow you to evaluate the efficiency of your optical shop and assess your level of productivity and profitability. Once you complete the assessment, you will be able to identify areas of potential improvement.
- Three-year Optical Benchmarking Report: This report captures key performance indicators for three consecutive years and compares practice results to industry standards. In addition, an explanation of how to use each indicator and tips in evaluating results are provides for all ratios.
- Monthly Optical Benchmarking Report: The monthly optical benchmarking report tracks key performance indicators and compares your optical results to industry standards. Using this tool on a monthly basis provides the means to assess performance and identify trends that may be developing in your optical line of business.
- Lifestyle Questionnaire: As you know, a lifestyle questionnaire can be very helpful in identifying the patient's hobbies and activities, as well as any problems they may currently be experiencing with their glasses or contact lenses.
- Prescription Form for Glasses: Creating a prescription form that is both Medicare compliant and a valuable sales tool for the optical dispensary requires the inclusion of specific information.
- Prescription Form for Contact Lenses: With the February 2004 ratification of the Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act, physicians are required to provide a copy of the prescription to all eligible patients that have been fit for contact lenses.
- Clinical Referral Techniques: The entire clinical staff plays a vital role in the overall success of the optical shop. As the main referral source, it is essential that all clinical staff members are provided the necessary training to aid them in promoting this service.
- Management Reports: This section offers several important reports to help optical personnel and managers. These include:
- Script capture tracking report
- Daily and monthly tracking report
- Daily remake tracking form
- Monthly tracking report
- Patient Satisfaction Survey: The purpose of the patient satisfaction program is to obtain meaningful data to gauge the satisfaction levels of patients in a variety of important areas, including telephone protocols, wait time, staff demeanor and communication skills, customer service, and their overall practice experience.
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Whether or not to pursue opening an ambulatory surgery center (ASC) can be a difficult decision. The tools and resources in this section will help guide you through the decision process of opening an ASC, and what procedures to include in order to achieve maximum profit.
- Business development
- Financial management
- Human resources
- Customer service
- Patient safety
- Quality improvement
- Provider credentialing and patient forms
Tools and resources coming soon!
Access these tools and much more. Click on the button below to subscribe today or contact our customer relations specialists at 866-220-3184.